Archery is not something new. People practice archery for different purpose. Some people take the health benefits of it while others doing it for hobby. However, archery is also a sport where professional archers compete to be the best shooter. The skill to shoot by archery can be gained through practice. For your information, the word ‘archery’ comes from Latin ‘arcus’. It was used both for combat and hunting since a very long time ago. When automatic weapon like gun has not been made, bow and arrows have already been existed. Today, archery is not for combat but more like for competitive sport as well as recreational activity.
Brief history about archery and its development
People participating in archery are called archer or bowman. Aside from it, there are also people who are fanatics and skilled in archery called toxophilite. The use of bow and arrows had been identified since 10,000-9000 BC. Throughout the time, people have made bow and arrows from different materials. After being used as a weapon for war and hunting, people then took archery to societies where it had become recreational activity enjoyed the most by extravagant society. Archery was part of extravagant social and ceremonial events for the nobility. In the 1840s, archery had been turned into a modern sport. This is where archery practice is held at competition where the rules were set to meet the standard including the techniques.
Basic equipment for archery is bow and arrows. First, they are drawn by pulling the string directly. The second, they use mechanism to pull the string. There are different type of bows and arrows as well. It can be a little bit overwhelming for those who are new in this field. However, it is not something to be stressed about since it is easier to learn all about archery slowly. Everything will be comprehended eventually. To make the users easier to take the arrows, they are usually carried in a container called quiver. Different types of arrows usually have different type of quiver as well. Other necessary equipment for archery include bowstring, release aids stabilizers, and protective equipment such as bracer or an arm guard, thumb ring, glove, etc.
Technique in archery
There is a standard of the technique used in archery. However, there are different types of archery coming from different culture and country even though the principles and goals are not that different. The modern form of archery technique is a bit different because it doesn’t involve only eye and hand coordination but also the overall posture. Aside from the technique, there is also different aiming method in archery. Basically, there are two methods. First is using mechanical sight. Second is barebow. Both require different focus and posture. However, there is no limit to learn one of them or both.
How to learn archery quickly?
There are many ways to learn how to shoot arrows. Archery is something that can be learned alone. However, it is highly recommended to take an archery course so that the process of practice will be monitored and guided by professional. This way, the techniques and methods in archery can be learned safely. Thus, there won’t be any severe injury suffered from the practice. It may take a while before a person can truly master the skill. However, there is always time to improve as ‘practice makes perfect’ anyway.
Archery gear basically covers five components. They are a bow, arrows, a target, and accessories. For those who are still learning, a bow, arrows, and a target are enough. Meanwhile, some pro archers might need more than those components. They could even have several types for each component. These are further explanations.
Viewed by the style, there are a dozen types of bow. Traditionally, each region can have its own bow style. Yet, for the global archery competition, there are two common types of bow i.e. recurve and compound bows. At a glance, the biggest difference between those two is that compound bows have more complex bow parts than recurve bows.
Those complicated parts in compound bows ease archers to shoot at an incredible speed with the exact accuracy. When the bows get broken, they are easy to be repaired. You can change several parts to fix the damage. However, these bows are heavier and quite difficult to shoot for beginners.
The recurve bows have fewer parts and those make the bows are lighter and easier to shoot by beginners. Many coaches suggest recurve bows to beginners who are still learning how to shoot. The less complex parts on the contrary are more expensive to repair when there are damages.
Just like the bows, the arrows have two types in general. The arrows can be made from fiberglass, wood, aluminum, or others, and they might belong to the light and heavy arrows. Light arrows are suitable for outdoor shooting. The slim build and lightweight could pass through the wind easier and faster than heavy arrows. Hence, the heavy ones are preferable for indoor shooting. With less resistance and short distance, indoor shooting will be safer with heavy arrows.
A target functions to stop the arrows and also to train archers’ accuracy skills. Archers usually use layered foam block targets, hay bales, solid foam block targets, bag targets, or 3D targets. Indoor or outdoor shooting places, types of bows, shooting times can be the determining factor to choose the rightest target. The commonest target range includes yellow, red, and blue spots. The field archery target might include two colors only. Meanwhile, some 3D targets can move in certain motions.
Accessories cover many tools with their specialty functions including quivers, arm guards, release aid, shooting glove, bow sight, bow stand, bow case, binoculars, nocking points, rangefinder, arrow lubrication, arrow removal tools, and silencers. Different types of shooting require some of those accessories. The examples are arrow lubrication and arrow removal tools that are needed in an outdoor field shooting.
Fingertips are the most susceptible body part to get hurt while shooting. Therefore, archers use archery gloves to protect their hands especially the fingers. Shooting with bare hands once or twice in a time might be safe and less hurting. However, the nerve may get wrecked or blisters are mostly formed on the finger when people pull the tight bowstring for many times in a long duration.
The pressure and the stiffness of bowstrings that meet the finger skin directly can be reduced by wearing archery gloves. That is why the thicker the gloves are the better quality that the gloves have. The thickness usually comes from their materials. Leather is the most common material of archery gloves. Nowadays some gloves are not made purely from leather but from latex or synthetic materials.
Besides the material, archery gloves also vary in different styles. The gloves are designed to secure the two up to four fingers that are used to anchor and release while shooting. It makes archery gloves from a brand look different from other brands. The number of fingers covered is also that make the gloves different from the usual gloves.
Usual gloves cover all the five fingers. Meanwhile, archery gloves only cover two up to four fingers. The covered fingers relate to the sensitivity of the archers. Shooting with bare hands helps the archer to aim and anchor accurately because the archer can ‘feel’ the arrow directly through their skin. Therefore wearing gloves is safe but giving the archers less control while aiming.
The least finger covered i.e. two fingers archery gloves enables the archers to feel more the arrows but less safe compared to four fingers gloves and vice versa. Another effect or wearing archery gloves is sweating. Due to being covered for several minutes, sweat often happens and sometimes it makes an uncomfortable feeling. Shooting under the sun for a long period of time might also leave tan lines.
Then which one is the best? The best one is the one the archer feels comfortable the most. Find the gloves that fit into the fingers. Tight or loose gloves will make an uncomfortable feeling. It is suggested to try archery gloves before buying, so the archers could check whether the gloves are fitted or not for the fingers. Archery gloves from buying online sometimes do not match the finger sizes. Besides the finger areas, the strap also needs to be well adjusted to the wrist.
Traditional or recurve bows make the archers anchor with the wrist on the cheek. Wearing gloves will make hands and cheeks felt more comfortable. That is why traditional or recurve bow users prefer archery gloves that finger tabs. Meanwhile, Olympic recurve bow and compound bow users are more likely to wear finger tabs that are smaller than gloves.
People might see archery from movies such as Robin Hood, Merida from Brave, Katniss from Hunger Game, Legolas from The Lord of The Rings, and others. Some countries even have their own traditional archery like Bhutan, Indonesia, Turkey, Japan, and more. Archers from different places wear different outfits. As movies are more popular, people often get a resemblance of an archer from the movies.
Yet, do archer resemblances from the movies wear the right and proper archery outfit? The answer is both yes and no. Some of their outfits are good for shooting but there are some components of their outfit that need to be avoided for archery. Shooting competitions like Olympic and other national events even have certain rules regarding the outfit.
In general, an archer outfit should be simple and comfortable to wear. Additionally, there are some rules that the archery outfit needs to follow. Those rules aim to ease archers while shooting and to protect them from any possible incidents. Archers should apply those in any shooting occasions whether in a shooting competition or just casual shooting exercises. The rules include:
No gown or any long, flowing and loose outfit
Merida from Brave movie gives a wrong resemblance of an archery outfit. The outfit should be simple and not get in the way of the bow or arrows. This rule is intended to avoid outfit stuck or hinder the shoot. Some competitions even prefer sleeveless tops. Sometimes long sleeves are still allowed as long as the sleeves are fitted to the body.
No hair down
Katniss from Hunger Game movie always braids or does her hair every time she goes hunting. This is the correct example for girls during shooting. Loose hair is easy to move by wind or body movements. Hence, there is a big chance for hair to get in the way archer sight while anchoring. Long hair is even possible to get stuck in the arrows.
No jewelry and accessories
Especially in the field or outdoor shooting, pieces of jewelry such as necklace and earrings are easy to get tangled in wood branches. Some shiny jewelry might attract wild animals. Therefore pieces of jewelry and accessories are recommended to be left at the locker room or home.
Many archery shooting competitions are serious about this rule. Flip flops, sandals, or other open-toe footwear are not allowed in the competitions. Sports shoes, walking shoes, and even skate shoes are allowed as long as they are covering toes. If archers do not have any shoes, bare feet are welcomed.
Hats are allowed under circumstances
Hats have many different shapes. Cowboy, pirates, floppy, or other wide hats are not suggested to wear during archery shooting. The wide brim will impede the bowstring during the aiming process. Flat cap, visor, bycocket hat just like Robin Hood’s hat and other short brim hats are good to wear. Hats can also prevent hair from blocking archers’ sight.
Archery is the fast growing sports in the world. This sport has been practiced for centuries but nowadays, people enjoy archery as entertainment rather than for hunting or fighting. As much as archery evolves throughout the time, the archery bow also evolves a lot from the traditional bow to high-tech bow that we use to see in competitions. There are four types of archery bows which are widely use these days ranging from traditional bow, recurve bow, compound bow, and crossbow.
Each type of archery boy has its own characteristics which make it hard for beginner to choose one. There are lots of factors to consider before choosing your first archery bow. However, before choosing one, here are the four types of archery bows that you need to know.
Longbow is the popular bow for traditional archery. You might have seen this type of bow in movies which takes in medieval times because it has strong historical connotations. The longbow is the simplest archery bow as it is not that complicated as a string attached to a stick of wood. This archery bow gently curves toward the archer and basically made the letter ‘D’. Compared to other modern archery bow, the longbow may not be the most challenging bow to shoot with. Even the modern longbow does not much different from the historical one. It is crafted from a single piece of wood which making them popular among beginner archer as hobby.
Even though the traditional bow has the classic touch, but most people use recurve bow to start their archery journey. This does not mean that recurve bow is not suitable for skilled archers because modern recurve bow is also used in Olympic event. The recurve bow can be said as the elegant version of traditional bow style.
The advantage of recurve bow is the ability to deliver high energy content with shorter length compared to the longbows. This is because both of the head of the bow curve off from the archer which makes the recurve bow more efficient and portable than other types of archery bows.
This type of archery bow is the most technological and modern style of archery bow. The compound bow is mostly used for hunting. This archery bow utilise the innovative cable system, eccentric cams, and pulleys to help the archer when they need to draw a heavy weight. Different from longbow and recurve bow, the compound bow is mostly constructed from man-made materials. This means that the bows are not easily affected by the changes of humidity and temperature.
Crossbow has different appearance compared to other types of archery bows but in general it has the same basic principle. This type of bow is the most preferred one for people who are interested in the sport of bow hunting without the need to spend lots of time in practice.
People have been practicing archery for centuries. It was considered to be a rather essential skill to master since hunting was one of the main ways to obtain food. Nowadays, though, archery is treated more as a leisure activity. The development of archery into a sport activity that we know today is gradual. You can see how it evolves from various aspects. One of them is its bow designs. Factors like materials and construction process contribute a lot to the variety of bow designs.
Bow is a pivotal instrument for an archer because its mechanism is the one that propels arrow to move towards target. Thus, the design aspect of a bow must be taken heavily into consideration. The bow’s limb must be in effective length. If it is too short then it will not produce much power. However, if the limb is too long, archer will have a hard time trying to navigate the tool. In addition, the material chosen should be able to withstand the tension that will arise. A bow should be able to keep energy and release it immediately when necessary.
Perhaps the simplest bow design known is longbow. It is made of one continuous wood strip that forms inward curved limbs; which is why the construction process does not take so long. Longbow is called so because its length is normally leveled with the archer’s stand or at least measure at 1.5 meter or 5 feet. Due to its length, though, it becomes rather tricky to aim at certain spot. The simple construction also does not enable the bow to produce great velocity. To become an expert in longbow archery, ample amount of practice is needed.
Recurve bow is another common design in the field of archery. It is characterized by the two tips which curve away from the archer. There are three main parts that constitute recurve bow. There are the limbs which are connected by riser. The riser is placed in the middle of bow’s entire construction. A part on the riser, named grip, is used by the archer’s to hold the bow. Traditional recurve bow is constructed out of a single strip of wood, while the modern one tends to be composed of multiple parts. The velocity is not that high with this bow. However, the arrow can be released a lot easier than when using longbow.
A more modern design of bow is compound bow. Its mechanism involves a distinctive levering which consists of cable and pulley. This levering mechanism enables archer to draw the string with minimum effort. Because less energy is needed to maintain the full draw of string, archer http://184.108.40.206 can aim more accurately with this bow. There are several types of compound bow depending on the cams with single cam bow being the friendliest one for beginner.
Archery arrow comes in various types and shapes compared to other archery equipment. Knowing the types and use of archery arrow is important before choosing one. Each of the archery types has different accuracy which means you cannot just shoot anything from a bow and get a great result. Choosing the right arrow can be confusing, yet there is limited information on how to choose the right archery arrow. If you are a beginner in archery and still not sure what arrow to choose, here are some points that you need to know.
Archery arrow part
Archery arrows are usually made up of 4 parts. No matter what the arrow style, the general parts are mostly the same as the following.
- Point – Also known as the arrow head, this part is the sharp part at the end of an arrow. Arrow head comes in different types and style with different ability to hit the target.
- Shaft – The shaft is the body or the length of the arrow. This part is made of different material such as carbon, aluminum, wood, and so on. Different material has different ability and also used for different purpose.
- Fletchings – The fletching is the three vanes at the back of an arrow. Mostly the fletching is made of plastic or feathers. Sometimes the fletching comes in one color or more.
- Nock – The nock is the tiny groove on the back end of an arrow. This part is usually made of plastic. If it is perfectly fits the bow string at a strategic place, it is also called nocking point.
Archery arrow styles
If most of the parts of an archery arrow are mostly the same, but the arrow head comes with different styles. Different styles have different purpose, so it is important to get to know the arrow head styles.
- Bullet points – This arrow styles are moderately sharp. It is usually used for target practices or small hunting game.
- Field points – This one is sharper than the bullet points but has the same function for target practice and small hunting game.
- Blunt points – The blunt points have flat tip and usually used for small game only.
- Judo points – This arrow head has flat or blunt arrow which is used for small game. Different from blunt points, the judo points has ‘legs’ on it to clasp onto whatever it hit to keep them from getting lost.
- Broadheads – This type of arrow head is very sharp and specifically designed for hunting.
Archery arrow material
Besides the arrow head styles, arrow is also made of different material which affect its performance. In general there are five materials that most arrows are made from as the following which are wood arrow, fiberglass arrow, aluminum arrow, carbon arrows, and composite arrows. Each material has different performance and purposes. The most favoured arrows material is the carbon for its ability to fly straight out of recurve bows. However, if you want to invest in good arrow, the aluminium arrow is the best choice as it has the competition-level quality.
There is distinctive evolution to archery including the methods, techniques, and equipment. Modern archery has been influenced by traditional archery that had been existed since a very long time ago. Archery is sport, art, and skill or practice by shooting arrows through the bow. This has been included in Olympics. There are many talented and professional archers all around the world. However, there are also those who enjoy archery as their hobby and recreational game similar with dadu online game. Aside from the purpose of practicing archery, it is also important to learn more about the different style in archery equipment including bowstyles, arrows, and accessories.
Here is brief description about archery equipment you need to know especially when you are getting interested to master the skill:
Basically, there are two bowstyles used by archers. They are recurve bow, which is used in World Archery and compound bow for use at World Archery Championships. There are also other styles such as traditional bow, barebow, longbow, etc. used in different category of archery championships. There are differences between recurve and compound bow.
Recurve bows usually use clickers and stabilizers. They also consist of two limbs and a riser. Meanwhile, compound bows are more modern and mechanical. They emphasize accuracy and aiming in extreme level. Comparing to recurve bow, compound bow is more accurate. However, both are not for use in the same category. Besides, they use different techniques as well.
Next to bows, arrows are also important equipment for archery. Throughout the times, arrows have been made from different materials. The modern ones are made of carbon or aluminum. However, there are also arrows made of the combination of both materials. It depends on the purpose.
Using combined materials results in better aerodynamic and projectile qualities compared to wooden ones. Arrows consist of metal tip at the front which serves as the point to pierce the target, the body of the arrows called the shaft, fletching, and nock. Fletchings are usually made of plastic in U-shaped. It clips t the bowstring between the nocking points.
In archery equipment, you will also learn about the accessories such as stabilizers, a sight, leather tab, archer tie, armguards, and many more. Basically, those accessories are not for fun but more for safety purpose. For example, stabilizers are used to balance the bow and minimize vibration during aim and release. Then, leather tab is used to protect the archer’s fingers from the stretch of the bowstring when the bow is drawn.
Archery can be learned and pursued as professional sport or recreational games. People also love archery as their hobby. Besides, there are health benefits from it. However, practicing archery should be done safely. Basic safety principles are important to follow. Therefore, there won’t be any injury or damaged caused by this activity. By ignoring the basic safety principles of Practice Archery Safely, there are risks of you or your friends getting hurt.
So here are basic safety principles in archery that every archer needs to follow:
- Before – Archery practice needs basic preparation. It is essential to check your archery equipment to see if there is any damage or such as cracked bow, loose string, etc. If there is any plastic nocks cracks, it is highly recommended to replace it. Then, it is also important to check your outfit. Make sure you wear comfortable outfit which won’t restrain your move for doing archery. It is recommended to not wear jewelry during practice. Another important thing to do for preparation is to make sure the range is clear. It is highly recommended to practice in the right place such as archery field. Practicing archery in your neighborhood is not recommended since it raises the risk of causing others for injury.
- While – When you start your shooting, you need to make the right posture. Make sure your arrows are nocked on the string before point them to the target. You will need to put your effort and knowledge about archery. You need to have consistent anchor points to successfully hit the target. Archers may have different anchor points but most of them put their finger index beneath their chin. However, it is not an obligation. The best thing to do is to find your own anchor point that makes you comfortable to shoot. You need to adjust the grip of your bow to your comfort, not too tight or too loose. While shooting, make sure your focus is on the target.
- After- failed to hit the target is not the end of the world especially when you are just practicing. It is important to stay relax so you will be able to regain your focus for the next shoot. Take a deep breath before aiming for the next shoot to help you relax. Once you finish, make sure to put every equipment in place. It is also important to practice and learn archery with professional so that you will be guided the right way.
When you are interested to learn more about archery and take archery lesson, you will need to know about the proper equipment eventually. It is important to know how to choose the right equipment so the practice can be done properly and safely. Besides, there are wide varieties of archery equipment which can make you overwhelmed.
There are different styles of bow, arrow, and even the accessories. They are also different in size, shape, color, and function. Even the weight of the equipment is varied that need to be chosen for personal and safety purpose.
Here are things to consider when choosing archery equipment:
- Learning more about archery equipment is important. You can browse through the internet, or ask kiu kiu professional archers to gain more knowledge about it. The basic archery equipment is bow and arrow. However, they come in different style, size, and even features. There are different types of archery so it will require different equipment. For example, traditional archery you will mostly need traditional longbow or recurve. Meanwhile field archery or 3D archery requires the use of compound bow.
- To choose the right bow, you need to consider your eye dominance. However, it has nothing to do with your hand dominance. Right handed-people might have left-eye dominance and vice versa. Bow is varied in form and style. It is possible to not feel a preference for either eye even though it is a rare case. If it happens to you even after you try to find out your eye dominance or consult with professional, then you can choose a bow based on your hand dominance.
- Bow consists of different styles. There are recurve, compound, and traditional bow. Each has different features. Each of them is also used for different archery category. Recurve bow has two limbs and a riser while compound bow is made of mechanical features. About the accuracy, compound bow is better than recurve or traditional bow since it i consist of more modern and high-technology features.
- Choosing the equipment also needs other factors to consider such as your height, age, and draw length. You can ask archery coach or a local archery shop to help you choose the right bow. About the arrow, you need to choose the one with at least an inch or two longer than your draw length. It is always right to choose longer arrows than the shorter ones for safety purpose.
It is not surprising that the popularity of archery has been rising. Lots of people especially kids are interested in archery because it looks fun and like a hero. However, some people are also interested in archery by taking proper lesson seriously. Archery can be learned individually but it is more recommended to hire a coach so you can learn safely and properly. By choosing the right coach, you will be able to improve your archery skill. Archery is easy to learn but hard to perfect. That is why proper training and the right coach will help significantly instead of self-learning.
How to choose the right coach to train archery?
There are many archery program and courses offered for those who are interested in this sport. There is no age or gender restriction of who can take archery lesson and training. However, the right program, especially the right coach who is good at poker uang asli does matter to consider. Here are tips to find the right archery coach:
- There is a standard of archery coach but it can be different in every country. However, it is important to choose certified or licensed coach to train archery. There might be different term as well. For example, archery instructors often lead archery clubs while coaches focus on technical specifics and individual athlete development. However, you don’t need to worry too much about it. Finding certified or licensed archery coach or instructor is the most important point here.
- To help you narrow down your search, you can ask for a local archery shop for recommendation. They usually have networking in archery field so they can provide you the information of a coach or instructor you need. It is also great o ask friends who shoots. They may give you recommendation and information about the right archery coach you are looking for.
- Aside from considering the certification and license, it is also important to choose archery coach based on their experience. The time they spent in classroom learning to coach does matter. Seasoned coach usually knows what you need to learn archery effectively and efficiently.
- Personality wise is also necessary to consider. It is important to have a good fit in personalities between you and your coach. Make sure to choose a coach that will make you comfortable to communicate with. Once you find the coach you need, you need to tell them your archery goals so they can plan the right path for your lesson.
Shooting an arrow looks simple but archery is not as simple as that. Even professional archers know nothing about how to shoot properly in the beginning. However, archery has no limit in age or gender. You can start learning archery anytime. You can do archery for any reason. Some people learn it to become a professional athlete, others do it as hobby, and there are also people who do it as stress reliever. However, it is highly recommended to learn archery seriously since it benefits your health as well.
Here are tips to get started with archery that every beginner needs:
- Decide your archery goal. As mentioned above that people learn archery for different reasons. If you aim world championship then you need to have great determination from the very first start. However, learning archery for fun doesn’t mean you take it less seriously. Goal helps you to set the pace and the path so you can learn efficiently.
- Find the right coach. It is highly recommended to get a coach to train you instead of self-learning. A certified coach will guide and teach you how to do archery properly with the right techniques. Thus, you can avoid unnecessary injury. You can ask a local archery shop, situs bola 88 or friends for recommendation.
- Technique and equipment are important things to consider when you get started with archery. Techniques will help you how to shoot properly with the right form and posture. Equipment is also important and you need to choose the one that fit your size, eye-dominance, etc. the right equipment will help you learn archery more effectively.
- When you are going to learn archery, make sure that you not compare yourself to professional athlete and such. You can choose a certain archer as your role model but it doesn’t mean you copy them blindly. It is better to be yourself and find your own style.
- Passion and patience are also important when you get started with archery. Shooting is easy but hitting target is not. You need to practice more and more before skillfully hitting the target without a miss. With passion, you will stay motivated to learn and get better. With patience, you will improve your focus and determination. However, it is also important to have fun especially when it is your first time learning archery. Missing a target in the first time doesn’t mean you will always fail. Remember that practice makes perfect.
The popularity of archery keeps rising especially after the characters in box office movies attracted people by their archery acting skill. Now, people are more interested in archery lesson. Archery is art, sport, skills or practice which is accessible for everyone.
Even if you just practice archery as your hobby or recreational activity, you still get the positive results in which improving your health. Just like any other sports, archery gives health benefits in many ways.
Archery is for everyone.
Kids and adults can take archery lesson as they wish. There is no harm in learning archer. In fact, it gives health benefits even when you do it for fun or recreational game. Here are some of health benefits of archery you will gain by doing it regularly with proper techniques:
- Archery helps you building your strength. It is not only about the strength of your arm but the overall body including core, arms, shoulders, and chest. Your body muscle will be required to maintain the tension before releasing the arrow. This will results in muscle development especially of your upper body. Even though it is not as intense as weightlifting, archery is a good sport to maintain your overall health.
- Archery also helps to reduce stress. While practicing archery, your brain will focus on how to hit the target. This will help you to concentrate while removing all distractions. It helps you to maintain your concentration and focus to face high-pressure situation. Releasing arrow can be a great way to release all burden and stress figuratively.
- Archery helps you to improve hand-eye coordination. Archery requires great coordination between your hand and eyes at the same time. Performing different task is not easy for the body. However, this practice will help you to gain great coordination and balance. While practicing archery, you need to balance your body and make the perfect posture to hit the target. It helps your core to gain better control of your body’s balance.
- Another important benefit of archery is to build your patience. Archery is said to be easy lesson but difficult to perfect. That is why it takes time before someone can hit the target perfectly. It is fun as well as frustrating activity. However, it helps you to build your patience. It is good to manage your emotional state. It also helps to make you become more determine in reaching your goals in life since you learn how to be patience during archery.